Our History

Passionate, fairly priced wine list. Wisconsin Craft Beer on tap. Spacious contemporary dining rooms and Cocktail lounge. Established in 1943 as a Roadside Steakhouse by Jim and Alice Wimmer and today is still family owned and operated by Jeff and Jane Wimmer. The "Prairie style" ambiance, renovations and expansions are by James Dresser, a protégé of Frank Lloyd Wright.

Against a wide variety of recreational activities and hotels lining this bustling Wisconsin Dells thoroughfare, it’s hard to imagine a time when the Del-Bar stood out as a lone sentry. Nor is it any easier to comprehend just how humble a beginning this popular restaurant – which today serves as many as 500 people nightly – enjoyed when it opened in the late 1930’s.

That’s when two local gentlemen bought and converted a log cabin, with room for only six tables, into a small roadhouse specializing in char-broiled steaks. Because it was located between Wisconsin Dells and Baraboo, the name Del-Bar was chosen.

Our Specialty

Let's Get Social

Feast Your Eyes

Success Stories

Every dish is just a little bit better than perfect.

Meet The People That
Make Us So Special

Get In Touch


4:30PM - 9:00PM Mon. thru Fri.

4:30PM - 9:15PM Saturday

4:30PM - 8:30PM Sunday

Open For Dinner

Del Bar

800 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy,

Lake Delton, WI 53940

Phone. 608-253-1861